Saturday, September 22, 2007

To Craig Thompson

First of all, let me say, I don't like anyone to lose their job. However, in your case, I think that the job you have is a rather poor fit. I'm not saying this because I know you or because you cut me off in traffic. I'm basing this on performance and decision-making.

Tonight, the Utah/UNLV game is about to begin, and I will be listening to it on the radio. I have DISH as do the majority of people in our neighborhood because, frankly, Comcast is unreliable and a poor value. The deal YOU made with CSTV means that games I used to be able to watch, I can no longer watch. Those were your decisions. For you to now ask us to plead with our dish supplier to take "the mountain" under the guise that this problem is in our hands, is a shirking of your responsibility to the Universities that hired you.

This blog is calling you out. We U of U alumni are fed up with you and your inability to get good TV deals and we're unimpressed with your understanding of how to get good bowl matchups that are appealling to our schools. If President Young of the University of Utah doesn't rally the other Presidents of the other schools to order a change of direction in the MTN West Conference, than all of our programs are truly screwed. Because if you are going to recruit good players, you must have visibility. Right now, we're playing in the dark. And that is your legacy.

No comments: